Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
What do these graphs mean (this is a link)?
Almost not enough: Stephen Strasburg (+1.9%) strikes out 9 and walks 1 over 6 IP, giving up 2 ER on a run-scoring GDP and a double to the opposing pitcher. (Yes, another double to an opposing pitcher!)
- Rally killer: Adam LaRoche (-12.7%) strikes out to end the 3rd with the bases loaded. He has 5 LOB on the day.
- Rally! Killed! Zach Walters reaches on error/FC to load the bases in the 6th (+10.0%). Denard Span (+0.7%) hits into a force a home (-11.8%), and Bryce Harper (-7.9%) grounds out to leave 'em loaded (-11.7%). Span and Harper each have 4 LOB.
- Rally!! Rally!!! KILLED!!! Ian Desmond (+8.1%) singles in a run to get the Nats on the board and put runners corners in the 7th (+22.0%). Danny Espinosa (+23.4%) follows up with a game-tying RBI single (+14.9%) as part of his 3-4 with a walk. Then Kevin Frandsen grounds out to snuff the rally (-9.7%).
- Big night: Jose Lobaton (+20.7%) is 3-5 with a ninth-inning single to put runners corners with one out.
- Redemption: Span atones for his many LOB with a walkoff sac fly (+17.1%).
- Also, shutdowns: Jerry Blevins (+10.1%) allows a pair of singles over the course of a scoreless aeyth with 2 Ks, while Rafael Soriano (+12.3%) throw an unexpected but welcome 1-2-3 9th.
Now is the time on FBb when we DANCE!