Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
What do these graphs mean (this is a link)?
- Tight: Gio Gonzalez (+0.6% pitching, +5.8% hitting) never quite gets warmed up over 5 IP with 5 Ks, 3 BBs and 2 ER. His second-inning RBI single puts the Nats ahead for a spell (+10.3%).
- Could be better: Aaron Barrett (-12.2%) has a two-inning meltdown,cashing in Gio's inherited runner to put the Nats behind (-9.3%) and giving up another run on a WP to put the Nats further behind (-10.9%).
- Junk-timer: Jose Lobaton (-12.5%) hits a meaningless solo shot in the 9th (+4.5%).
- Earning it: Danny Espinosa (+9.4%) is 2-3 with a walk and a SB.
- Not so good: Ian Desmond (-14.5%) is 0-4 with 3 LOB.
- Feer teh beerdz: Jayson Werth (+40.8%) is only 1-5, but it's a game-tying, two-run double in the 9th (+50.6%). Adam LaRoche (+34.5%) caps his 3-5 night with a walkoff single (+30.9%).