- Flu: Jordan Zimmermann (+10.3%) gives up a solo HR (-15.1%), but goes 5 IP with 9(nine!) Ks and single walk. Support your local Zimm(N), Nats!
- Making me ill: Ian Desmond (-14.0%) gets caught stealing (-13.0%) after a leadoff "double" (+9.6%) that looked alot like it should have been an ITPHR.
- Good beards: Anthony Rendon (+18.5%) is 2-4 with an ayeth-inning leadoff single (+9.9%). Jayson Werth (+17.9%) is 1-2, with a pair of walks, one of which put two runners on with no outs in the aeyth (+14.2%).
- Bad beards: Adam LaRoche (-16.9%) is 0-3 with a walk and 3 LOB. Bryce Harper (-21.5%) is 1-4 with a CS and 4 LOB.
- Rising up: Craig Stammen (+13.4%) throws 2 scoreless in relief for a shutdown.
- Roughed up: Tyler Clippard (-21.6%) walks 1, fans 2, but gives up the go-behind run in the aeyth.
The strike zone looked a bit off to me, but I was watching from the upper deck on the 3B line, so it's not like I had a great angle. A quick look at the Pitch F/X showed a reasonable zone that seemed to be called evenly for both sides. You have to take these setbacks philosophically (be patient, there's 25 seconds of silence at the beginning and I can't figure out how to embed it to start in the middle):