- Not as planned: Jordan Zimmermann (-35.9%) only gets 5 outs before being pulled, giving up 5 ER with 2 walks and a single K.
- Bulldog! Craig Stammen (+7.0%) earns a shutdown the hard way, throwing 3.1 innings of scoreless relief with 4 Ks and a walk to give the Nats time to come back.
- A tick off? Bryce Harper (+25.2%) breaks out of his slump rather dramatically with a 2-4 night, yanking a three-run bomb into the third deck in RF to put the Nats on the board in the 4th (+15.8%) and singling the go-ahead run over to 3rd in the 6th (+13.8%).
- Arthritic? Ryan Zimmerman (+24.1%) makes some long, on-target throws from third and starts a circus-y (yet effective) 5-6-3 putout, but gets his WPA by going 2-4 with a walk and a 6th-inning leadoff double where he took third an on outfield bobble (+17.5%).
- Oops: Drew Storen (-12.5%) melts down in the 7th, giving up a game-tying solo shot (-20.8%).
- P2BB = FAIL: Tyler Clippard (-21.6%) melts down in the aeyth, giving up the go-behind run on a grounder off the first-base bag (-17.9%) after walking two.
- Set-up men: Denard Span (+26.7%) bunts for a hit with one down in the aeyth after a gritty PH HBP from Nate McLouth (+6.9), putting runners 2nd/3rd on a bad throw to first (+24.4%) and leading to an IBB (+0.7%) to Anthony Rendon (+2.4%).
- TAKING! IT! PERSONALLY! Jayson Werth (+33.4%) shows why you don't walk Rendon to get to him, dropping an aeyth-inning grand slam into the visiting bullpen to put the Nats ahead (+43.1%).
It's late, kids. Let's go home. Is this the water taxi to Alexandria?