Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Keep the ball down: Jordan Zimmermann (-44.2%) has some trouble with pitches up in the zone over 5.2 IP, striking out 4 and walking none, but giving up 10 hits and 5 ER.
- Wheels at the top: Denard Span (+14.7%) is 3-5 on the night, with a double and a leadoff triple in the first (+9.1%) to set up the Nats' first go-ahead run.
- Country strong: Tyler Moore (-0.9%) cranks a two-out solo shot to left to put the Nats up by two in second (+10.6%).
- Mongoose powarrrr: Ian Desmond (+13.4%) lines a two-strike shot out to left for a two-run, go-ahead blast in the 4th (+21.7%).
- 2012 style? Danny Espinosa (+27.4%) lines a game-tying homer out to right to lead off the 9th (+34.6%).
- Remember, "clutch" does not exist: Kevin Frandsen (+41.9%) hits a two-out, pinch-hit, mile-high solo bomb out to LF for the go-ahead run.
- I was never worried: Rafael Soriano (+18.3%) holds the one-run lead for a shutdown in the 9th, giving up a single then getting a GDP (+27.7%), then giving up a double before getting the game-ending groundout (+13.7%).
I'm glad we're back in the NL, playing the real baseball.
Before you ask: no, I can't do the dance.