Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Constant danger: Stephen Strasburg (+4.0%) battled runners in scoring position every inning over 7 IP, eventually giving up 2 ER with 4 Ks and 1 BB.
- Chipping away: Denard Span (+1.5%) gets the Nats on the board with a two-out, RBI single in the 7th (+11.9%).
- Bridge: Ryan Mattheus (+7.8%) earns a shutdown with two scoreless in the ayeth and ninth to get the team to extras.
- Free baseball! Danny Espinosa (+8.7%) doubles to lead off the 9th (+24.3%), later scoring on a Scott Hairston pinch-hit sac fly (+13.2%) to send the game to extras.
- A veritable causeway: Rafael Soriano, Drew Storen, and Tyler Clippard combine to keep it tied in the 10th, 11th, and 12th, all earning shutdowns with +12.8 WPA each.
- Promising: Kevin Frandsen (+8.9%) doubles to lead off the 14th (+17.5%). Jayson Werth doubles to lead off the 15th (+10.2%).
- Pretty good: Aaron Barrett (+25.5%) throws two scoreless in the 13th and 14th, working around a walk and a pair of hits with a couple of Ks.
- Not winning: Wilson Ramos (-36.4%) is 0-7 with 4 LOB and a runners-corners line out to end the 12th (-13.1%). Anthony Rendon (-31.2%) is 0-6 with a walk and line-out to CF that left the winning run on 3rd in the 14th (-12.1%).
- Losing: Ross Detwiler (-41.9%) gives up three hits and a walk in the 15th, including the losing two-run HR (-42.5%).