Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Not nearly ace-y enough: Stephen Strasburg (-21.5%) gives up 4 ER in 6 IP, despite fanning 8 and walking none.
- Tit-for-tat: Ian Desmond (+3.5%) is 2-6 with a second-inning, two-out solo shot to tie it (+12.2%).
- Making a case: Denard Span (+6.7%) has a two-out, RBI triple in the 7th to get the Nats within two (+8.5%).
- Clutch is not a repeatable skill: Anthony Rendon (+32.2%) hits a two-out, game-tying, two-run dinger in the 9th (+49.2%).
- "A" bullpen: Rafael Soriano (+12.8%) and Tyler Clippard (+12.8%) both earn shutdowns with scoreless 10th and 11th innings, respectively.
- Meltdown: Jerry Blevins (-29.2%) gets a scoreless 12th, but gives up the losing runs in the 13th.
- June gloom: Ryan Zimmerman (-30.1%) is 1-6 with 2 LOB and a 12th inning GDP (-8.3%).
Tonight's WPA brought to you by cultural appropriation (with some excellent guitar):