Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Tightrope: Tanner Roark (+20.6%) manages to work around 6 hits and 3 walks over 7 IP to only give up 1 run, fanning 6 and getting a no-decision. He's helped by a pair of GDPs, including a 3-6-1 in the 2nd (+7.6%) and a 1-5-4 in the 5th (+13.6%).
- Support: Adam LaRoche (+31.8%) is 3-5 with a solo shot to lead off the 6th and put the Nats ahead briefly (+18.3%) and an 11th-inning single to put two runners on (+11.8%).
- Free baseball: Matt Thornton (+9.6%) and Drew Storen (+12.1%) keep it tied in the aeyth and 9th to send it to extras and earn shutdowns. Tyler Clippard (+12.1%) follows with a scoreless 10th for his own shutdown.
- Rally time: After Bryce Harper (+5.0%) walks to load the bases in the 11th (+13.8%), Wilson Ramos (+0.3%) gets his first hit of the night with a go-ahead RBI single (+19.2%).
- Insurance: Kevin Frandsen (-5.8%) follows Ramos with a two-run double, on which Ramos is thrown out at home, and WPA is not impressed (+5.9%).
Tonight's This morning's WPA brought to by straaaaange: