Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Reliably, delightfully unexciting: Doug Fister (+26.3%) scatters 7 hits over 7 scoreless innings with 3 Ks and no walks.
- Streak struck: Denard Span (-8.4%) is 0-5.
- Send him to Syracuse! Bryce Harper (+17.1%) is 2-4 with a two-run tater in the 2nd for the winning tallies (+18.7%).
- [Rizzo points to head]: Asdrubal Cabrera (+6.3%) is 3-5 with a pair of doubles.
- Junk-timers: Anthony Rendon (+3.6%) hits a solo shot in the 6th (+8.0%), followed later in the inning by an Ian Desmond (+7.8%) two-run, line-drive dinger into the LF corner (+6.2%).
- First game, and already a stat padder! MIchael Taylor (+3.2%) doesn't fool the WPA calculators with his 2-4 night, hitting a meaningless, two-run, oppo bomb over the ridiculous deep cutout in RF (+2.3%). Act like ya been there before, kid!