Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- PItcher wins are dumb: Doug Fister (+5.5%) gives up 2 runs, both unearned, over 7 innings pitched with 5 Ks and 2 walks.
- Setup man: Denard Span (+31.9%) is 2-5 with a bases-loading single in the 7th with the Nats down by one (+12.6%) and a 9th-inning single to put running corners, again with the Nats down by one (+25.2%).
- All this, and behind-the-back: Asdrubal Cabrera (+50.5%) gets a ton of WPA for a go-ahead FC+error circus play that scored runs in the 7th (+30.6%) and for a game-tying RBI single in the 9th (+25.3%).
- Pinch success: Jayson Werth (+26.9%) gets a pinch-hit walk in the 9th (+9.4%), eventually scoring the tying run. He stays in to double in the 11th (+17.5%) and score the winning run on a Scott Hairston (+17.8%) pinch-hit sacrifice fly.
- Let's just forget about this: Rafael Soriano (-79.8%) gets one out in the 9th, giving up 3 runs to put the team behind. That's about the meltiest meltdown of the year.
- Two shutdowns: Tyler Clippard (+6.8%) gets a shutdown for a scoreless aeyth, but Ross Detwiler (+25.5%) gets a SHUTDOWN for keeping it tied in the 10th and 11th.