Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Minimally legendary: Tanner Roark (+4.1%) gives up 2 runs in 6 IP, fanning 2 and walking one.
- Junk time came early: Anthony Rendon ( ) blasts a 6th-inning solo shot to get the Nats within one (+11.5%), for all the good it does.
- Not helping: Jerry Blevins (-7.6%) melts down in the 7th, giving up an insurance run to put the game well out of reach.
- Leadoff doubles, stranded: Ian Desmond (+3.7%) doubles to lead off the 7th (+11.9%), while Kevin Frandsen gets a pinch-hit double to lead off the ayeth (+9.0%). Both get stranded on second.
- Another stat-padder: Wilson Ramos (-9.1%) hits a two-out solo shot to get the Nats within one in the 9th, and the WPA hamsters are not impressed (+2.4%).
- Litany of offensive futility: Denard Span (-14.4%), Adam LaRoche (-14.4%), and Bryce Harper (-14.8%) combine to go 0-12 with 6 Ks and 6 LOB.