Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- As of old: Jordan Zimmermann (+7.5%) gives up 2 runs in 6 IP, fanning 8 and walking one. That's a decent outing.
- Getting it started: Anthony Rendon (+15.5%) has a perfect night, going 4-4 with a walk and a first-inning solo shot to get the Nats on the board (+10.6%).
- The DH is still an abomination: Jayson Werth (+18.4%) smacks a two-out, two-run, go-ahead bomb in the third to put the Nats ahead for good (+23.4%).
- Piling on: Ian Desmond (+12.6%) cranks a fourth-inning solo dinger to tack on (+11.1%), while WIlson Ramos jacks one of his own two batters later (+9.0%).
- Straight-up stat-padding: Bryce Harper (+9.9%) is 3-4 on the night, getting in on the aerial attack with a two-out, aeyth-inning solo homer (+3.7%). Ramos follows with his second of the night in the next AB (+1.9%).
- [Sad trombone]: Adam LaRoche (-4.5%) is 0-4 with a sac fly, with one of the Nats' TWO (2!!) Ks on the night.
- More Ks than the King: Drew Storen (+5.0%) throws a 9-pitch, two-strikeout, scoreless 7th, but there isn't enough WPA left for him to get a shutdown for it.
This WPA brought to you by beating the odds: