Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Not missing bats: Tanner Roark (-28.4%) gives up 4 runs in 6.1 IP on 11 hits with 4 Ks but no walks.
- Bam! Bam! Bryce Harper (+26.1%) is 3-4 with a second-inning solo bomb (+11.4%) that missed the "Hit It Here" bullseye on the 2nd deck in LF by less than 10 feet, as well as a fourth-inning dinger to straightaway center (+11.7%).
- I like this Nate better: Nate Schierholtz (-2.0%) leads off the 3rd with a dinger to left (+10.5%).
- Shutdown/not-quite-meltdown: Jerry Blevins (+6.7%) keeps it close for an inning after Roark's exit to earn a shutdown, but Craig Stammen (-5.7%) just barely avoids a meltdown when he lets in an inherited runner to put the Nats down by two (-7.1%).
- Positive-WPA K? Wilson Ramos (+2.3%) is 0-3, but reaches on a dropped third strike to spark a 7th-inning rally (+4.9%).
- No help: Anthony Rendon (-8.3%) and Ian Desmond (-11.8%) combine to go 0-8 with 2 LOB.
Tonight's WPA brought to you by bread: