Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Nearly good: Gio Gonzalez (-2.7%) gives up 2 runs over 6 IP before leaving in the 7th with two on and no out... both runners would score. He had 6 Ks and 2 BBs on the night.
- Not good: Drew Storen (-14.5%) did not defuse Gio's mess in the 7th, getting out of the inning but cashing in 2 runners plus one of his own with 1 K, a HBP, and 2 hits for a meltdown.
- Offense leader: Asdrubal Cabrera (+7.9%) doesn't quite make up for the three runs that score after plays Espinosa had a shot a making with his 1-3 night plus a walk, but it's enough to lead the Nats in WPA.
- Beards: Adam LaRoche (+4.7%) scores the Nats' lone run on a WP in the 2nd (+9.1%). Jayson Werth (-3.0%) can't find his gnomish fortune, going 1-4 with a double (+11.3%), later erased on a TOOTBLAN, and a GDP in the 3rd (-12.9%).
- Difference-maker (in a bad way): Bryce Harper (-13.6%) is 0-4 with 3 LOB.