Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Good start, two-time all-star! Jordan Zimmermann (+15.4%) gets through 6.1 IP with 5 Ks and no walks, allowing 1 run of his own and leaving two runners, both of whom score.
- Not hurting his own ERA: Drew Storen (-22.2%) cashes in NN's runners and gets one out before getting the hook and earning a meltdown.
- All the early offense: Ian Desmond (+16.5%) is 2-5 with a walk, a second-inning, two-run dinger for the early lead (+14.5%) and a fourth-inning RBI single to tack on (+10.0%).
- Up and down: Adam LaRoche (-12.4%) is 2-5 with a walk, a pair of doubles, and 3 Ks--stranding 4 runners. Denard Span (-0.5%) is 4-6, but grounds out to send the game to extras (-10.6%).
- "A" bullpen: Tyler Clippard (+10.1%), Rafael Soriano (+12.8%) and Matt Thornton (+12.8%) throw scoreless aeyth, ninth and tenth innings, respectively, earning shutdowns all.
- "A+" bullpen: Craig Stammen (+38.3%) keeps it tied for three innings in extras for big free baseball shutdown.
- Walkoff-ready hair: Bryce Harper (+25.2%) cranks a two-run oppo bomb into the visiting bullpen for the walkoff in the 13th (+29.8%).
Today's WPA brought to you by hair. And runs.