Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Missing some spots: Stephen Strasburg (-36.3%) has trouble with the long ball tonight, giving up 7 ER in 5 IP with 9 Ks and 2 BBs.
- He's lucky it counted : Anthony Rendon (-3.8%) hits a meaningless three-run bomb to left center in the 6th before the rain delay (+5.7%).
- ANOTHER stat-padder: Wilson Ramos (-2.1%) cranks a pointless solo bomb deep to left after the rain delay (+7.3%). Save it for when it means something, Buffalo!
- Not a shutdown: Ross Detwiler (+4.8%) gets scant WPA love for two scoreless innings of relief after the rain while the Nats get within one.
- Sparkplug: Denard Span (+14.1%) is 3-4 with a 7th-inning single+error to put runners 2nd/3rd (+13.3%).
Tonight's WPA brought to you by OSHA in the 80s: