Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Not the worst: Stephen Strasburg (-16.1%) gives up 3 runs in 6 IP despite fanning 8 and walking none with a HBP.
- The worst: Jerry Blevins (-10.0%) melts down in the 7th, loading the bases and giving up a run before getting the hook.
- Tonight's heroes: Denard Span (+11.1%) is 1-4, scoring a passed ball to tie the game in the 5th (+14.5%). Kevin Frandsen (+8.9%) is 3-4.
- Some goats: Jayson Werth (-10.1%) is 0-3 with a walk and 3 LOB. Jose Lobaton (-11.1%) is 0-4 with 3 Ks and and 2 LOB. Adam LaRoche (-8.4%) is 0-4 with 3 LOB.
- Junk-timer: Bryce Harper (-6.4%) bounces a solo shot off the facing the second deck over the curly W in right center in the 9th to pad his stats (+0.4%).
Tonight's WPA brought to you by some of the most daring airplane, car, and blimp stunts ever filmed: