Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Not hitting a wall: Tanner Roark (+39.6%) throws 7 scoreless with 4 Ks and no walks.
- One-man band: Ian Desmond (+25.4%) cranks a two-run bomb deep into the stands in straight away LF in the 6th to put the Nats ahead (+28.9%). He also scores on a WP in the 9th just to tack on (+1.5%).
- The true fireman: Tyler Clippard (+7.4%) goes 1-2-3 in the aeyth to hold the lead and earn a shutdown.
- Mr. Werth will tell you when it's a strike: Jayson Werth (+8.6%) is 0-1 with 3 walks.
- They're not booing: Drew Storen (+3.2%) doesn't have enough WPA left for him to earn a shutdown as he closes out the game on 7 pitches.
Now is the time in the WPA where we DANCE!!