Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Quality: Gio Gonzalez (-3.9%) goes 6+ IP with 4 Ks and 2 walks, giving up 3 runs (one an inherited runner).
- Cortisone for everyone? Jayson Werth (+10.6%) is 1-2 with a pair of walks, including a first-inning solo shot to get the Nats on the board (+11.8%).
- Unespinosesque: Asdrubal Cabrera (+15.9%) is 2-3 with a walk and a game-tying solo homer in the 3rd (+13.3%)
- Unlikely bomber: Denard Span (+29.5%) is 2-5 with a go-ahead solo homer later in the 3rd (+13.7), plus a two-run jack in the 5th to provide the winning cushion (+19.4%).
- WPA says, "meh": Rafael Soriano (+2.9%) has an outing of no particular interest to the WPA hamsters, giving up 2 hits, a walk and run before finally getting a backwards-K to end the game with the tying run on base.