Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Crafty: Tanner Roark (+5.5%) gives up 2 runs (one inherited--thanks, Det!) in 6.1 IP with only 1 K but no walks.
- Making a case: Michael Taylor (+13.9%) is 1-3 after replacing a banged-up Denard Span, with a game-tying RBI double in the 5th (16.3%).
- Hispanic heritage: Adam LaRoche (+36.1%) bounces a two-out, three-run jack off the back wall of the home bullpen to put the game away later in the 5th (+32.7%).
- Situational: Jerry Blevins (+11.6%) retires a righty to defuse a bases-loaded jam and end the 7th to earn a shutdown.
- [Catchphrase]: Tyler Clippard (+6.8%) earns a shutdown with a 1-2-3 ayeth, while Drew Storen (+6.6%) earns one with a scoreless, two-K ninth.
Tonight's WPA brought to you by wheels. Because you want to go for a ride: