Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Innings-eater: Taylor Hill (-53.9%) gets lit up for 6 ER during his 4.2 IP, giving up 10 hits and 2 walks with his 4 Ks.
- On his bike: Jayson Werth (+23.4%) is a dinger short of the cycle, registering a HBP instead. His first-inning RBI triple (+15.3%) gave the Nats the lead for a while.
- [Rizzo points to head]: Late addition Kevin Frandsen (+18.3%) is 2-5 with a game-tying RBI single in the first (+8.0%), and a two-out RBI single in the 6th to get the Nats within one (+14.0%).
- TWO HANDS! Steven Souza, jr (+7.7%) cranks a solo shot into the middle of the Red Porch seats to briefly put the Nats' lead at two (+10.6%).
- Junk timer: Tyler Moore (-8.6%) hits an oppo solo home run for no apparent reason in the 7th (+5.1%).
- Junky: Xavier Cedeno (-22.2%) can't get an out in the 7th, giving up 2 runs and setting up a third for a meltdown.
- Horrid, but not a meltdown: Craig Stammen (-2.8%) can't get an out while giving up 5 runs in the 9th, but the game was already far enough out of hand that WPA didn't punish him much for it.
Tonight's WPA brought to you by coping and remonstrance: