Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Work on the K-BB: Doug Fister (+44.7%) gets through 7 scoreless with 3 walks and 3 strikeouts.
- Jumping out early: Ian Desmond (+2.6%) is 1-4 with a first-inning RBI single to get the Nats on the board (+10.0%).
- [Rizzo points to head]: Asdrubal Cabrera (+5.6%) doubles to put runners 2nd/3rd with no outs in the 7th (+7.9%).
- Junk-timer: Anthony Rendon (+1.2%) beats out the back end of a bases-loaded DP grounder to drive in an irrelevant insurance run in the 7th.
- Lever-pull #1: Matt Thornton (-12.2%) comes in to defuse a two-out, two-on situation in the ayeth, but gives up a seeing-eye RBI single to get tagged with a meltdown.
- Lever-pull #2: Craig Stammen (+11.9%) gets a pop-up to end the 8th and earn a shutdown.
- They're not booing: Drew Storen (+15.1%) strikes out the side the end the game and notch a shutdown.
Now is the time on the WPA when we dance: