- Tightrope walking: Gio Gonzalez (+32.0%) somehow gets through six scoreless with 7 Ks and an inning in which he walked the bases loaded.
- Lefties we love, #1: Matt den Dekker (+8.8%) is 1-3 with a walk, a TOOTBLAN, a double, and a nice catch on a ball over his head.
- Lefties we love, #2: Clint Robinson (+19.5%) is 2-4 with a massive solo shot into the upper deck in RF to put the Nats ahead in the top of the seventh (+22.6%).
- Eventful inning: Blake Trienen (-8.8%) melts down in the 7th, getting one out and putting two on. Matt Grace (-18.0%) doesn't quite defuse the jam, letting in the tying run (-25.9%) and leaving with runners-corners and two outs for the his own jam. Rafael Martin (+8.4%) comes on the finish the inning with no more runs in and earn a shutdown.
- Lefties we love, #3: Bryce Harper (+42.2%) hits a two-run bomb to the upper deck in RF to put the Nats ahead with two down in the ayeth (+42.6%).
- No drama, only outs: Casey Janssen (+6.9%) throws a 1-2-3 aeyth, while Felipe Rivero (+6.8%) strikes out the side in the 9th. Both earn shutdowns.
This afternoon's WPA brought to you by echoes of summer: