- Slaten'd: Gio Gonzalez (+15.2%) fans 4 in 6.1 IP, with 4 BBs and a HBP, leaving the game in the 7th after loading the bases with free passes. They all ended up scoring.
- G0AT: Xavier Cedeno (-33.4%) comes into a tough situation and makes the least of it, letting two inherited runners score on a hit (-29.0%) and then re-loading the bases with a HBP (-4.3%) for the meltiest meltdown of the season to date.
- Also not covered in glory: Craig Stammen (-6.7%) lets in another two runs to make sure Cedeno's ERA gets punished, too, but I'm not sure that this Meltdown of Justice was called for.
- The "A" is for "D!NGERZ": Michael Taylor (+7.0%) leads the Nats in WPA tonight, belting a leadoff solo bomb to provide the Nats' only offense (+11.0%).
- Futile up the middle: Ian Desmond (-7.6%) and Dan Uggla (-7.1%) combine to go 1-7 with 3 Ks, 4 LOB, and getting thrown out trying to stretch a single.
Tonight's WPA brought to you by interplanetary DOOOOOM: