- Reliable (so far): Max Scherzer has a shaky outing, giving up an ER while fanning 8 and walking 2 in 6 IP.
- Early offense: Bryce Harper (+1.1%) hits solo shot the other way just over the LF fence to put the Nats up in the first.
- Poor relief: Xavier Cedeno (-17.2%) melts down in the 7th, giving up the game-tying solo bomb (-25.3%) before getting out of the inning.
- Better relief: Craig Stammen (+9.6%) and Aaron Barrett (+12.0%) get the game to extras with shutdown ayeth and 9th innings, respectively.
- [Rizzo points to head]: Yunel Escobar (+40.1%) has a heroic 10th, doubling the lead off the inning (+17.5%) and later scoring the go-ahead run on a wild pitch (+8.2%).
- INsurance: Clint Robinson (+8.9%) is second in hitting WPA, going 3-5 with a 10th inning double, eventually scoring the winning tally on a Wilson Ramos (-5.9%) RBI single (+8.2%).
- Keeping it interesting: Drew Storen (+7.3%) takes us for a ride, walking the first two batters in the bottom of the 10th and giving up a run, but holding the lead--thanks in a part to a Ryan Zimmerman (+2.8%) diving play to stop the tying RBI and end the game (+15.5%).
Today's WPA brought to you by the march back toward .500: