Via Fangraphs. (Click to embiggen)
- Not sharp: Stephen Strasburg (-26.3%) struggles through 5.1 IP, fanning 5 with no walks but a HBP and 10 hard hits. He's lucky to escape with only 5 runs, all earned.
- Down payment on atonement: Ian Desmond (+21.5%) is 3-4 with a double, a CS, and a game-tying, two-out, two-run double in the 5th (+21.0%). Too bad about the error that cost run(s).
- More successful atonement: Michael Taylor (+29.0%) is 2-4 with a two-out RBI single for the early lead in the 2nd (+10.1%) and a two-out, two-RBI triple to take the lead back in the 5th (+26.2%).
- Not quite a meltdown: Matt Thornton (-4.6%) gets the last out in the 6th, but only gets one out in the 7th, giving up a ROE and a HBP.
- Definitely a meltdown: Blake Treinen (-40.6%) loads the bases with a HBP (-7.3%) then makes a game-tying, two-run error on a comebacker (-34.1%) before giving up the go-behind run on a sacrifice groundout (-5.1%).
- Maybe you guys should shave: Jayson Werth (-13.8%) and Bryce Harper (-10.4%) go 1-9 with 5 Ks, a HBP, and 2 LOB.
Tonight's WPA brought to you by SCIENCE, 80s-style: