Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Where my grounders at? Doug Fister (+2.9%) doesn't show his normal ground-ball tendencies, giving up 2 runs (1 ER) along with 4 walks and 4 Ks. It was enough, though.
- Older phenom: Yunel Escobar (+7.4%) smacks a leadoff solo shot in the first to put the Nats ahead early (+10.4%).
- Horns up! Wilson Ramos (+11.1%) bloops a game-tying RBI single into no-man's land behind 2B with two outs in the 4th (+13.7%).
- "A" is for "error" and "dinger": Michael Taylor (+14.1%) drops a fly ball to put the Nats behind, but later hits a go-ahead solo shot in the 5th for the winning tally (+15.8%).
- High leverage: Matt Thornton (+8.1%) gets the last out in the 7th to escape a bases-loaded, two-out jam and earn a shutdown.
- Imagine "Yakety Sax" in the background: Ryan Zimmerman (+4.7%) hits a two-run double to give a nerve-soothing cushion in the six and provide Harper an opportunity to nearly run over Werth on the basepaths (+11.4%).
Today's WPA brought to you by baserunning (it's implied):