Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- I like the new guy: Max Scherzer gives up 1 run in 8 IP with 9 Ks and no walks. Acceptable.
- Zim wants his gloves back: Bryce Harper (+22.3%) is 1-2 with a pair of walks and a towering, three-run bomb to straightaway center to put the game away in the first (+22.9%).
- Yeah, but he had another error: Ian Desmond (+7.9%) is 3-4 with a HBP.
- I refuse to believe: Danny Espinosa (+7.8%) hits a solo bomb way out to straightaway center to pad the lead in the 4th (+7.5%).
- Triumphant debut: Felipe Rivero (+0.2%) fans 2 but gives up a run in the 9th to finish the game.
- New moon: Jayson Werth (-7.4%) is the WPA laggard on the night, going 0-5 with 7 LOB.
Tonight's WPA is brought to you by early Cold War intrigue: