Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Escape artist: Gio Gonzalez (+34.8%) somehow gives up no runs in 6 IP despite 4 walks, only 4 Ks, and 8 hits allowed!
- Scrappy: Bryce Harper (+5.7%) bounces a seeing-eye single through the 5.5 hole to drive in a go-ahead run in the third (+11.7%).
- Shutdown: Tanner Roark (+9.1%) and Matt Thornton (+11.2%) both earn shutdowns with scoreless 7th and aeyth innings, respectively.
- Meltdown: Drew Storen (-22.8%) lets in the game tying run in the 9th after a pair of wild pitches to put it on third.
- Lucky or good? Denard Span (+13.9%) caps his 2-5 night by reaching on error to load the bases in the 9th (+13.0%). Ian Desmond (-20.9%) promptly strikes out (-17.5%), while Jayson Werth (-16.0%) gets robbed of a hit to end the inning (-15.2%).
- Solid: Aaron Barrett (+12.4%) keeps it tied in the 10th for a shutdown.
More to give: Yunel Escobar (+31.3%) atones for GDPing with runners corners in the 6th (-10.5%) by clubbing a no-doubter into the visiting bullpen for a walkoff in the 10th (+46.9%)
Tonight's WPA brought to you by WAKE UP AND DANCE: