Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Not quality: Jordan Zimmermann (-17.0% pitching) gives up 4 runs in 7 IP with 7 Ks and 1 BB. Shaky, but marginally acceptable, I guess.
- Quality: Jordan Zimmermann (+31.8% hitting) whacks a bases-loaded, bases-clearing, three-RBI single with two outs in the 4th for the winning tallies (+36.4%).
- Setup man: Ryan Zimmerman (+4.8%) has a run-scoring single+error to get the Nats within one before his brother put 'em ahead (+9.9%).
- He came to play: Danny Espinosa (+12.2%) is 4-5 with 2 RBI.
- Also meritorious: Wilson Ramos (+9.8%) is 3-4 with a 2nd-inning RBI single to put the Nats on the board (+9.0%). Bryce Harper (+9.1%) is 2-4 with a walk and a double.
- Junktimer in junk time: Denard Span (+0.1%) is 2-6 with a stat-padding three-run homer in the 9th (+0.2%).
Tonight's WPA brought to you by (good) memories of Ryan Mattheus: