Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Battling: Stephen Strasburg (-7.8%) fans 7 and walks 1 in 5.1 IP, giving up only 2 ER.
- Full moon rising: Jayson Werth (+7.8%) is 2-5 with a RBI single in the 4th to the put the Nats on the board (+12.6%).
- Fire, extinguished: Aaron Barrett (+11.9%) defuses Stras' runners-corners, one-out jam to finish the 6th with no runs across and earn a shutdown.
- Rallies, primed: Bryce Harper (+17.7%) is 2-5 with a walk to load the bases in the 4th (+10.7%) and a double to put runners 2nd/3rd in the 6th (+9.1%). His bases-clearing double in the 9th is pure stat-padding (+1.3%).
- Triumphant debut: Sammy Solis (+7.7%) earns his first major league shutdown with scoreless 7th and aeyth innings.
- Also of note: Yunel Escobar (+11.3%) is 3-5. Ryan Zimmerman (+10.5%) is 2-4 with a double, game-tying sac fly in the 4th (+2.7%) and an RBI single to put the Nats up by 2 in the 6th (+7.9%).
Tonight's WPA brought to you by the search for Ska: