Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Just one mistake: Max Scherzer (+13.6%) strikes out 10 and walks one (with a HBP) in 7 innings pitched, but he gives up a solo shot in the 4th (-15.8%), and it's one run too many.
- Harbinger: Yunel Escobar (-19.6%) is 0-4 with 2 LOB and a GDP to erase Taylor's game-leading-off single (-7.2%).
- Not clutch (if that existed): Ian Desmond (-14.8%) is 0-3 with a GDP to end the 7th (-9.5%).
- Stranded: Dan Uggla (+10.5%) leads the Nats in WPA tonight on the strength of an ROE in the 5th and a single to lead off the aeyth (+9.1%).
- Always the goat: Blake Treinen (-8.7%) comes in with two-on, loads the bases with a walk, then gives up three runs to put the game out of reach when Werth slips and turns a sac fly into a bases-clearing double (-6.1%). However, WPA gives the meltdown to Treinen.
Tonight's WPA brought to you by tristesse (straight ahead):