Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Further adjustments needed: Stephen Strasburg (-46.0%) makes it one out into the 4th before giving up his 8th run of the night on 3 Ks, a walk, and 8 hits--including 2 dingers.
- The straw that stirs an empty glass: Denard Span (+13.0%) is 2-3 with a walk and a RBI double to get the Nats within one in the 3rd (+10.4%).
- Mixed blessing: Wilson Ramos (-13.3%) is 1-4 with a single and a run-scoring GDP to simultaneously get the Nats within one in the 4th and squelch a 4th-inning rally (-9.4%).
- WPA was asleep, too, by then: Sammy Solis (-1.7%) and Matt Grace (-0.6%) give up 4 and 2 runs, respectively, but neither outing counts as a meltdown given the how far gone that game was.
- Classic junk-timing: Bryce Harper (+6.0%) is 2-3 with a walk, a double, and a two-run bomb in the 6th to get the Nats within... six... (+1.4%).
This morning's WPA brought to by the future dystopia of 10 years from now (45 years ago):