Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Quality: Jordan Zimmermann (+17.7%) gives up 2 runs over 7 IP with 6 Ks and 1 walk.
- I like this pattern: Ian Desmond (-1.5%) gets the Nats on the board with a first-inning solo shot off the garage door in the accessway beyond dead CF (+10.4%).
- Country strong: Tyler Moore (+19.3%) is 1-3 with a walk and a two-out, game-tying solo shot in the 4th that he casually bounces off the edge of the flower boxes in LF.
- +2 Biceps of Patience: Dan Uggla (+9.6%) battles back from 0-2 to draw a bases-loading, pinch-hit walk in the 7th.
- Self-drinking straw, stirring: Denard Span (+7.6%) is 2-4 with the go-ahead RBI single in the 7th (+13.7%).
- Tightrope, walked: Matt Grace (+11.2%) earns a shutdown with an interesting-but-scoreless aeyth.
- Maybe LASIK would have been a better investment than PEDs? Drew Storen (+14.7%) earns a shutdown with a scoreless ninth, ending the game on a backwards K.
Hey, Doghouse, what about some all-star umpiring highlights? That's what we pay money to see at the ball game!
Well, ask and ye shall receive! Here are some inconsistent low strikes:
And here's Michael Taylor's 3rd-inning K. Hmm, did he even start?
That strike one looks awfully low. I'd be a little exercised about that pitch if I were Taylor. Just so long as he doesn't slow down the pace of the game. Pace of game enforcement is what I look for in the highlight reels the next day.
Today's graphs brought to you by allies: