Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Versatile and effective: Tanner Roark (+15.1% pitching, +7.0% hitting) fans three and walks one over 5 IP, giving up 1 run. At the plate, he's 1-2 with an advance on a WP.
- Quick out of the gate: Denard Span (+4.2%) is 1-3 with a solo shot to lead off the game (+10.8%).
- Slow but steady: Wilson Ramos (+11.6%) belts a majestic fly ball out to the unfinished concrete bleachers in right-center for the winning run with two down in the 6th (+19.7%).
Long man: Blake Treinen (+18.4%) refutes every mean thing I've ever said about him with two scoreless innings in relief, striking out three and walking none to earn a shutdown.
- Matchups: Matt Thornton (+5.9%) just misses credit for a shutdown with the first out of the aeyth, but Aaron Barrett (+7.0%) picks one up by getting the last two in that inning.
- HIgh drama: Drew Storen (+17.6%) earns a shutdown with a scoreless 9th, hitting one and fanning one.
Today's WPA brought to you by the unbearable super-cuteness of turn-of-the-century Colorado indie-pop: