Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Exemplar: Max Scherzer (+41.7% pitching, +0.7% hitting) strikes out 13 and walks 1, giving up no runs in 7 IP. He's 1-3 at the plate, and his AVG may be higher than his AVG against right now...
- Three true outcomes: Bryce Harper (+17.7%) is 1-3 with 2 Ks, two walks, and a sixth-inning solo bomb to put the Nats ahead by two (+12.4%).
- Bad trend: Matt Grace (-19.8%) gives up a double and a walk to start the aeyth, earning a quick hook and a meltdown.
- Baller: Casey Janssen (+27.5%) earns the heck out of his shutdown, getting out of the aeyth with no runs allowed, including laying out to field a bunt.
- Junk-timer: Danny Espinosa comes in as a defensive replacement and cranks a stat-padding solo shot in the 9th to put the Nats up by 3 (+3.9%).
- WPA is not impressed: Ian Desmond (+3.4%) is 3-5 with a pair of doubles.
Tonight's WPA brought to you by the early-90's SLO fish-rap scene (represent for the Central Coast!):