Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Continue worrying: Stephen Strasburg (-10.8%) gets through 1+ IP with a walk, no Ks, and a run allowed before leaving the game with ailment(s) TBD.
- Resurgent: Ian Desmond (+3.7%) is 2-5 with a two-out, bases-loaded, RBI infield single to tie it in the 5th (+15.3%).
- Productive: Wilson Ramos (+22.8%) is 2-4 with a double to lead off the 5th (+9.5%) and a go-ahead RBI single in the 6th (+17.4%).
- Newest rotation-addition-to-be? Taylor Jordan (-17.1% pitching, +2.8% hitting) fans one and walks two, contributing to the 2 runs he allows over 4.2 IP in relief, which is a meltdown. He's 1-3 at the plate with an accidental bunt single to load the bases in the 5th (+9.5%).
- Not helping: Aaron Barrett (-10.6%) melts down en route to getting the last out in the 6th, letting in another run to put the Nats down by two.
- Also surprisingly unhelpful: Bryce Harper (-15.8%) is 1-4 with a GDP, a HBP (that seemed both pointless and blatant), and 2 LOB.
Today's WPA brought to you by Rob Base's middle school principal, who seems to be DJ EZ Rock: