Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Plunked (twice): Gio Gonzalez (-27.4%) only gets one out in the 6th after getting HBP on his pitching arm. He gives up 4 runs in 5.1 IP with 6 Ks and 2 walks.
- Brief lead, part one: Ryan Zimmerman (-4.1%) singles in a run to get the Nats ahead in the first (+10.4%).
- Old man clutch (if "clutch" existed): Denard Span (+13.4%) hits a game-tying RBI single in the 5th (+15.4%).
- The 'A' is for 'brief lead, part two': Michael Taylor (+30.4%) cranks a three-run bomb off the facing of the second deck in LF to put the Nats ahead with two outs in the 6th (+37.2%).
- Shutdowns: Blake Treinen (+8.8%) gets the last two outs in the 6th without letting any furthers runs in, while Matt Thornton (+9.8%) works a 1-2-3 seventh.
- One of the meltier meltdowns to date: Casey Janssen (-71.0%) does himself no favors by walking two, failing to cover first on an infield hit, and giving up 4 runs in the aeyth to puts the Nats far behind.
Tonight's WPA brought to you by coping mechanisms: