Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- No decision: Tanner Roark (-2.8%) gives up 2 runs in 6 IP with a K, 2 BBs, and a HBP. At the plate, he's 1-2 with a 2nd-inning double (one of the Nats' two hits) on which MAT was thrown out trying to score from first (-2.3%).
- He may be a clutch (if that existed) jinx (because those exist): Michael Taylor (+29.9%) smacks a game-tying, two-RBI single in the 7th (+30.6%).
- The BABIP gods don't like HBPs any more than I do: Clint Robinson makes the least of a pinch-hit appearance, lining into an inning-ending DP to kill the 7th inning rally (-21.1%).
- Today's first meltdown: Aaron Barrett (-23.2%) drops a popped-up bunt, gets the wrong out, and gives up the go-behind run in the 7th.
- And our next meltdown: Matt Grace (-18.2%) cashes in an inherited runner and lets in three of his own without recording an out to put the game out of reach.