Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- DOOOOM: Stephen Strasburg (-9.4%) has something wrong, giving up 2 runs and coming out after 3 IP with 2 Ks and 2 walks. Hope it's not serious.
- Triumphant (again): Sammy Solis (+14.3%) throws 3 scoreless after Stras' exit, fanning one and walking none.
- Most of the offense: Wilson Ramos (+32.2%) is 2-3 with a walk, a double to set up the Nats' first run (+12.4%), and a leadoff single in the 9th (+13.2%).
- Opportunity: Ian Desmond (+1.7%) tries to redeem his 0-4 with 2 "Ks" and 3 LOB by reaching on error to put two on in the 9th (+18.6%).
- MIssed opportunity: Dan Uggla (-13.1%) bunts into a force at third with two on in the 9th (-18.2%). Michael Taylor (-27.1%) follows up with a strikeout (-15.6%), as does Tyler Moore (-15.9%).
- WPA is not impressed: Matt Thornton (+4.4%), Blake Treinen (+4.8%), and Aaron Barrett (+3.1%) combine for three scoreless innings, earning no shutdowns because the Nats couldn't be bothered to score any runs.
Did Iassogna bet "over" on "Latos Ks" today? Let's look!
Now, it's certainly possible he's giving both sides of the plate to Latos (and Latos alone) to righties purely as an unfortunate, incompetent, coincidence. Or maybe he's corrupt. Anyhow, I hear that Uggla knows a LASIK guy. Maybe let Dan hook you up, huh, Dan?
Yeah, Bob and FP, it was a wide zone "all night"--for the Marlins.
Tonight's WPA brought to you by officiating you can trust: