Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Less sharp: Max Scherzer (-1.0%) goes 7+, which is maybe a "+" too far, fanning 10, walking none, and giving up 5 runs.
- Still contributing: Ian Desmond (+12.4%) is 2-4 with a double to set up the tying run in the third (+10.5%).
- One-man offense: Bryce Harper (+38.6%) is 3-4 with a solo shot to get the Nats on the board in the 2nd (+11.0%), a two-run shot to put the Nats ahead in the 3rd (+19.1%), another solo shot in the 5th to pad his stats (+7.9%), and an RBI groundout in the 7th (+0.5%).
- Solid outings: Tanner Roark (+6.6%) throws a shutdown aeyth, getting out of a two-on, no-out jam of his own making to finish without letting any runs in. Drew Storen (+6.4%) throws a shutdown 9th with only minor drama.
- I'm not even partly convinced: Danny Espinosa (-7.4%) is 0-4 with 2 Ks, 2 LOB, and a GDP.
Today's WPA brought to you by continuous improvement: