Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Shakier than it looked: Gio Gonzalez (+12.3%) battles his own wildness and some shaky defense to turn in a strong, 7-inning, two-run performance, with 8 Ks, 1 walk, and a HBP.
- Dinger: Jayson Werth (+6.7%) cranks a solo bomb 15 rows deep in the LF stands to get the Nats on the board in the fourth (+12.5%).
- DINGER: Bryce Harper (+33.4%) floats a helium ball just over the fence in front of the Red Porch seats for a two-run homer to put the Nats ahead in the 6th (+35.8%).
- D1NG3R! Danny Espinosa (+2.1%) joins the downtowners with a junk-time solo shot of his own into the visiting bullpen with the game well in hand in the 7th (+10.6%).
- Painless: Matt Grace (+6.6%) allows a hit but follows up with a GDP and a groundout for a scoreless aeyth and a shutdown.
- Now you're just stat-padding, you junk-timers: Harper yanks a three-run jack over the out of town scoreboard in the aeyth, but totally lower deck (+3.0%). Epsi joins in with a two-run johnson of his own later that inning (+0.4%).
Tonight's WPA brought to you by BOMBZ: