Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Incremental improvement: Doug Fister (+11.4%) gives up 3 runs in 6.2 IP with 3 Ks and no walks. Let's keep working on keeping the down, okay?
- DESTROY ALL HUMANZ: Jose Lobaton (+25.4%) is 3-4 with a two-run run homer to put the Nats ahead in the 2nd (+19.8%).
- Coming through in a tight spot (which isn't a repeatable skill): Ryan Zimmerman (+9.3%) lines a three-run jack off the flower planets in LF to put the Nats up by 5 in the 5th (+11.6%).
- The opposite of spelling, 'relief': Aaron Barrett (-12.8%) only gets one out in the aeyth before loading the bases to earn a meltdown, while Tanner Roark (-21.4%) earns his meltdown by cashing in all three runners to tie the game.
- Such a cliché: Bryce Harper (+38.3%) is 2-4 with a walk a walkoff, two-run dinger to right center to win the game (+37.5%).
Tonight's WPA brought to you by why don't I ever get invited to parties this good?