Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Getting better: Gio Gonzalez (+7.9%) goes 6.1 IP, letting in one run, fanning 3 and walking 2.
- Decided mixed, WPA-wise: Danny Espinosa (+2.0%) is 2-4 with a double, a two-out solo shot in the 5th (+13.1%), and 2 late-inning LOB.
- Sick to my stomach: Felipe Rivero (-10.9%) melts down in the 7th, getting one out but letting in one of Gio's runners to tie the game. Aaron Barrett (-31.9%) comes on to get the final out, but not before recording a meltdown of his own by cashing in Rivero's runner and adding one of his own, putting the Nats behind.
- Defensive replacement: Michael Taylor (+31.0%) hits a two-out, two-run, oppo-cheapo a good 320+ feet into the RF stands to tie the game in the aeyth.
- I was never worried: Casey Janssen (+9.9%) throws a shutdown aeyth to keep it tied. Blake Treinen (+24.8%) follows with two scoreless to get the game to extras and keep it there, fanning 3 and earning a resounding shutdown.
- Go-ahead: Denard Span (+41.7%) is 3-6 with a SB, a two-out, RBI double to get the Nats a lead in the 3rd (+12.8%), and a two-out, RBI infield single for the winning run in the 11th (+34.7%).
- Delightfully boring: Drew Storen (+17.8%) throws a 1-2-3 11th with 2 Ks for a shutdown to end the game.
Tonight's WPA brought to you by the time to jump: