- Get that WPA while you can: Tanner Roark (+9.4%) almost falls down into the noise with 7 innings of one-run ball on 4 Ks and a walk. Save it for when the Nats don't hit, Tanner!
The big blows: Anthony Rendon (+4.8%) draws a bases-loaded, RBI walk to put the Nats up by two in the 2nd (+8.4%). Yunel Escobar (+6.1%) follows with a bases-loaded, two-RBI single to put the Nats up by 4 (+9.0%).
- Batting around: Clint Robinson (+14.2%) is 4-5 with a walks, a second-inning solo shot to put the Nats on the board (+11.8%), and a two-out RBI double later that same inning (+2.3%).
- Little things: Denard Span (+9.3%) is second in hitting WPA, but not for his run-scoring ROE in the 5th (+0.1%) or his RBI single in the 7th (+0.0%).
Captain Junk-Time and the Stat-Padders: Bryce Harper (+7.2%) is 3-3 with a walk, a double, and a fifth solo bomb over the
fishray tank in right center to put the Nats up by 7 (+1.2%). Wilson Ramos (-5.1%) hits a pair of solo shots off of position players in the ayeth (+0.0%) and 9th (+0.0%).
- What's a guy gotta do to get some WPA this game? Danny Espinosa (+4.0%) is 5-5 with a HBP, reaching six times and scoring three runs.
- Painless tuneup: Drew Storen (+0.0%) gives up 3 runs in the 9th, getting only 2 outs, and moving the WPA needle not at all.
Today's WPA brought to you by public dancing: