- I'm calling it a comeback: Stephen Strasburg (+14.6%) gives up 2 runs in 7 IP with 9 Ks and 1 walk. Acceptable.
- Set-up man: Denard Span (+9.1%) is 2-4 with a walk and a double-plus-error with one out in the 5th to set up the tying run (+10.6%).
- Bridge: Michael Taylor (+19.8%) doubles in a 6th-inning go-ahead run, also setting up the eventual winning run (+21.9%).
- Closer: Dan Uggla (+22.8%) is 3-4, scoring the winning run on a two-out PB in the 6th (+10.8%).
- Relief: Matt Thorton (+5.8%) gets the first out in the ayeth, just missing a shutdown, while David Carpenter (+6.9%) gets the next two outs, earning a shutdown.
- Closed: Drew Storen (+17.2%) throws a 1-2-3 9th for a shutdown.
- No bueno: Tanner Roark (-52.0%) has a bad pitch-to-contact sort of day, giving up 12 hits and letting in 7 runs in 3.1 IP with no Ks and a walk. Maybe try striking some guys out next time.
- Contract year: Ian Desmond (+15.4%) is 1-3 with a walk and mammoth, two-run bomb in the fourth to get the Nats within one (+16.4%).
- Resilient: Yunel Escobar (+4.9%) is 2-4 with a double, a walk, and an ROE.
- Junk-timer: Jose Lobaton (+2.0%) hits a 6th-inning solo shot to get the Nats within 4 (+2.4%).
Tonight's extended WPAs brought to you by an extended dance: