Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- More 6th-startery than I would have thought: Tanner Roark (-6.7%) can't keep the ball in the yard, giving up a total of 4 runs over 5.2 IP with 6 Ks and no walks, but 3 HRs.
- Early offense: Danny Espinosa (+19.7%) is 2-4 with a three-run jack in the 2nd to get the Nats on the board and ahead (+13.9%) and a fourth-inning double to set up another two runs (+6.6%).
- More hitting up the middle: Ian Desmond (+11.6%) is also 2-4 with a needless second-inning double to put two RISP for the Espy's subsequent dinger (+11.4%).
- Ima get his crazy P-Nats bobblehead: Wilson Ramos (+13.1%) is 2-4 with two-out, RBI double in the 7th to drive in the eventual winning run (+11.2%).
- Shutdowns: Casey Janssen (+9.1%) and Blake Treinen (+6.6%) combine for scoreless 7th and ayeth innings, respectively, with 3 Ks and no walks between them.
Tonight's WPA brought to you by I can't tell whether it's transgressive or a cliche, but the bass player is rocking the curly-W: