Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Not quality, but not bad: Joe Ross (-17.3%) gives up 3 runs over 5 IP with 4 Ks and no walks.
- Buffalo laughs at the wind: Wilson Ramos (+2.3%) cranks a mighty solo bomb into the Red Porch seats to get the Nats ahead in the 2nd (+11.6%).
- Least valuable veterans: Ryan Zimmerman (-18.4%) is 0-4 with a GDP, a K, and 2 LOB. Ian Desmond (-11.0%) is 0-4 with 2 Ks (including one to end the game, flailing at a slider in the dirt) and 2 LOB.
- That's right, he's the good lefty: Felipe Rivero (+8.3%) earns a shutdown with three scoreless in relief, fanning two and walking one.
- Captain Junktime strikes again! Bryce Harper (+1.6%) belts a solo shot to left the lead off the 9th with the game well out of hand (+4.4%).
- Maybe he should switch lineup spots with Zim: Danny Espinosa (+11.1%) is 2-4 with a walk and a ground rule double to lead off the aeyth (+10.3%)
Today's WPA brought to you by gratitude: