Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Maybe you should worry more about your strikeout numbers: Jordan Zimmermann (-29.4%) gives up 4 runs in 5 IP on 10 hits (seemingly all on 0-2 counts), 2 walks, and 3 Ks.
- He swung hard, and (in this case) he hit it: Ian Desmond (+16.2%) smacks a two-run shot a few rows past the center of the out of town scoreboard in right-center to put the Nats ahead in the 2nd (+19.5%).
- Not a bad game: Yunel Escobar (+12.9%) is 3-4 with an RBI single in the 5th to get the Nats within one (+9.9%).
- A bad game: Blake Treinen (-18.6%) melts down in the 6th, letting in two runs on a couple of hits, 3 walks, and a WP (all with two outs, of course).
- No bueno: Bryce Harper (-15.4%) is 0-4 with 5 LOB. Let's hope his wrist is okay.
Tonight's WPA brought to you by DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM: