- Quality: Gio Gonzalez (+11.9%) goes 6+ IP, giving up 1 run on 5 Ks and 3 walks and working out of some jams.
- Unclutch (if that existed): Jose Lobaton (-30.4%) GDPs twice, more notably with two on in the fifth and the Nats down by one (-15.4%).
- Clutch (if that existed): Tyler Moore (+7.8%) hits a two-out double the other way to drive in the tying run after LOBatron's GDP (+15.3%). Michael Taylor () follows up with another two-out hit (through the shift!) to drive in a go-ahead run (+14.9%).
- I was never worried: Aaron Barrett (+18.0%) comes into the 7th with one on and no outs and earns a shutdown with 2 Ks and a popup to preserve the one-run lead.
- I should have been more worried: Matt Thornton (-21.6%) gives up a game-tying double to lose the lead in the aeyth and earn a meltdown (-36.3%).
- Definitely not worried enough: Tanner Roark (-37.7%) gets one too few strikeouts in the 9th, giving up the walkoff solo shot to earn a meltdown (-53.1%).
Tonight's WPA brought to you by the land before AOL: